In collaboration with Maru Ramen; all my opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the restaurants that support Little Things with Mo!
Ramen makes my list of top comfort foods. I grew up eating all sorts of ramen from the grocery store – from the 99 cents to the fancy packaged ones, and for the most part, I loved them all! Ramen shops have been a thing for a while across America, but recently in Dallas, they are starting to proliferate in the past five years. It’s a hard dish to master, and I have to say only a few places do it well.
Maru Ramen is one of those places! Located a little outside Dallas, this restaurant is non-flashy from the outside and tucked into a plaza away from the freeways. It can be easily missed, but I assure you that if you want a great bowl of ramen, this is a place you need to stop by!
Remember to add a side of sake to your meal 😉 (my favorite is the plum sake!)
The Little Things of Maru Ramen
Hot bowl of soup on a cold day
The slurping sound of noodles and soup
When the drink is paired well with the meal
Getting your cravings fulfilled
The perfect egg in a bowl of ramen
WHAT WE ORDERED:
- This restaurant offers different ramen broths and you get to pick between Hakata noodles (white, thin noodle) and Sapporo noodles (yellow curly noodle that is slightly chewy)
- Tonkotsu Ramen with Sapporo Noodles – The broth was extremely flavorful and you can also ask for it spicy! The seasoned egg was perfectly cooked as well as the noodles! 4/5
- Chicken Katsu Rice – Breaded chicken with rice with curry and tonkatsu sauce. The chicken katsu was made well and it went with the sauces but I felt as though there was an uneven ratio of chicken katsu to rice meaning too much rice. 4/5
- Stir Fried Ramen – This was an unexpected surprise of a dish! This is your dry ramen dish and the seasoning was so good as well as the pork sausage! 4.5/5
- Moontone Plum Sake – Mmmm so good and pairs so well with the ramen!
- Lunch combos
- Rice dishes
WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO ORDERING NEXT
- Their other types of ramen
PARKING: Parking lot
Check out my Dallas, TX – Ultimate Guide on Where to Eat and Drink!
400 N Greenville Ave #26
Richardson, TX 75081