In collaboration with Blatt Beer and Table; all my opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the restaurants that support Little Things with Mo!
I remember the first time I ever dined at Blatt Beer and Table; I was super curious on where the name came from, and what inspired their menu. The interior of this restaurant is an interesting mix but it completely works for them. By dining here, you get the crossover between a sports bar and also a cute place to grab bubbles and brunch with family and friends. There are giant screen TVs displaying the latest sports games and delicate light bulbs strung from the ceilings.
I got the story behind the restaurant from corporate executive chef Tony Gentile. The original Blatt was named after the Rosenblatt Stadium in Omaha, NE where the NCAA world series of baseball was played. The owners love craft beer and craft food and the combination of their love of sports and food created this restaurant.
One of the things I enjoy about Blatt is that even though the menu contains pub food items, many of their items are also unique and not just your typical bar food to go with beer. Tony shared that their vision of the restaurant includes creating items that are paired well with beer and at the same time, don’t fall under the category of heavy bar food. They want to create an environment where those who love a good burger and fries can dine across someone who wants something different! They even have a brunch menu now!
The corporate executive chef’s little thing? His wife and children! And also drawing a kitchen, menu development, and looking at china and glassware!
The Little Things of Blatt Beer and Table
Generous portions of the dish
Friendly waiters and waitresses
Restaurants with patios
Ice cream and alcohol
Getting a seat
Eating something that reminds you of your travels and or another country
Watching your food coming to the table
WHAT WE ORDERED:
- Bavarian Pretzel Bites – With German rosemary mustard and Gruyere fondue. A great appetizer! 4/5
- Mac and Cheese Bites – If you like fried food and mac n’ cheese, then this is the appetizer for you! Just imagine gooey mac and cheese all fried into a ball. 4/5
- Smoked Artichoke Dip – I love myself a good artichoke dip! I can eat chips and dip all day long. Comes with smoked paprika tortilla chips and grilled pita. We added the lump crab on top which was an extra $5 which added an extra layer of flavor and texture! 3/5
- Schnitzel and Spatzle – I think this is one of their best dishes off of the menu and the most different. It’s basically crispy breaded pork loin with German dumplings and smoked kielbasa sausage. A dish to take me back to Germany! 4/5
- Down South Pork – Smoked pulled pork on top of jalapeno corn bread waffle with your choice of side! This dish was okay for me. I could not really taste the jalapeno in the corn bread and the pulled pork was just decent for me. 3/5
- Blatt Mac – A great choice if you love mac n cheese with a good crust! 4/5
- Bloody Mary – I actually just had mine without the Guinness since I was just craving a good ole typical Bloody Mary at the time! 4/5
- Beer Float – I’ve always been a sucker for root beer floats so vanilla ice cream with the Samuel Smith’s Organic Chocolate Stout hit the spot for dessert! 4/5
- Soups and Salads
- Mac n Cheese
- Burgers and Sandwiches
- Lunch and Dinner Entrees
- Kid’s menu
- Brunch: Sat and Sun 10AM-3PM
- Happy Hour: M-Sa 3-7PM, Fri and Sat 9:30-11PM, Sun 3-9PM
WHAT Iâ€™M LOOKING FORWARD TO ORDERING NEXT
- Their brunch menu
PARKING: Parking lot
Check out myÂ Dallas, TX â€“ Ultimate Guide on Where to Eat and Drink!
Blatt Beer and Table
7859 WALNUT HILL LANE
DALLAS, TX 75230