RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK INTRO: Writing reviews is a big thing that people should not take lightly. Nowadays in the age of social media, many new and current restaurants rely on word of mouth (aka the social buzz) on how well their openings will do or what their futures look like. It is so easy to go online and complain about one little thing and you never realize how impactful your words can be. Thus, it is my belief that it is unfair to write a bad review unless youâ€™ve given the place a second try and had the same experience.
My Goal: A few of my passions in life are writing, eating, and discovering new restaurants, places, and types of food. What better way to share this passion than to write reviews and share some of my favorite places in my hometown of Dallas.Â The one thing I have always looked for when reading reviews is the highlights. While I do love reading the details of how the food was made and the ingredients carefully selected, sometimes I just want to know the pros/cons, time details, parking, and what to order and what to not order. Thus, that is how Iâ€™m structuring my Dallas Restaurant of the Week reviews â€“ short, concise, and sweet. All of my reviews will follow the same format and will be periodically updated.
Letâ€™s dive in and enjoy, shall we?
DALLAS RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK: HAYWIRE
Haywire is a gorgeous restaurant located in the new, developing area in Plano next to Legacy Food Hall. It combines a true feel of the Lone Star State with a comfortable place to kick back with anyone â€“ whether itâ€™s after work with colleagues or in the morning or evening with friends and loved ones. Best thing of all? They use locally sourced ingredients and are able to cite it at the bottom of their menu.
- Brunch (including weekday brunch starting at 10AM)
- Happy Hour (M-F 3-6PM) â€“ including drinks and $5 bites. Â½ bottle wine every Sunday
- Late Night Dinner
- New American food
- Known for their Coffee Cake in a Can as a starter
- Salads, soups, burger, sandwich, daily specials, and big plates with classics like meatloaf and chicken fried steak
- Brunch options from migas to steak and eggs to sweet options
- Dinner options include filet, prime rib, and rib-eye
- Cocktails, wine, champagne, beer
- Mimosa carafe specials along with different juices to mix champagne with
- Excellent service
- Beautiful interior design
What to Order (disclaimer: Iâ€™ve only been here for brunch):
- TX Gulf Shrimp and Grits â€“ do you like the shrimp and grits at Ida Claire? Well if you do, Iâ€™ll guarantee youâ€™ll like this dish. The blackened shrimp is done truly well and the herb goat cheese is surprisingly a nice touch with the homestead grits and creole sauce
- Bloody Mary
What Iâ€™m Looking Forward to Ordering Next:
- A Bar n Ranch Corned Beef Hash, Grilled Chipotle Meatloaf, Gulf Crab Cake Benedict, Cadi-Macâ€™N Chz
Parking: in the parking garage
Happy eating everyone!
Check out myÂ Dallas, TX â€“ Ultimate Guide on Where to Eat and Drink!
LEGACY WEST SHOPPING CENTER
5901 Winthrop St.
Plano, TX 75024